Live From Belfast 2007

I'm working as a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity Northern Ireland this year. My adventures are listed below.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Night at The Empire


Last night I was treated to a delish birthday treat: Thai dinner at Bo Tree and then a fantastic Duke Special show at The Empire. (Duke Special is a local band fronted by a guy named Peter) This week the band is playing a 5 night residency at The Empire where each night's show is a centered around a unique theme. Last night's theme was Symphony of Songs. Not really sure what that means but I was THRILLED when I sat in my seat (earned after an hour's wait before the doors opened) just as the lights dimmed and learned that Aqualung would be opening for the Duke and that Aqualung would be joining the Duke throughout the evening.

DUDE! Double-header! The colorful Duke Special AND the charming tunes of Aqualung who I have wanted to see live since 2002.

This is the way to kick of a birthday week for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home