Live From Belfast 2007

I'm working as a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity Northern Ireland this year. My adventures are listed below.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

One Reese’s Cup and It’s All Better


Never before have I actually counted down the days until a boss of mine returned to the office from holiday until this past week. Well now the boss is back from the States, Reese’s PB cups in-hand, and things seem to be looking brighter.

I’m still camping out / house sitting and, after absolutely no assistance last week from the powers-that-were, I’ll probably be returning to the volunteer house this week. The house still occupied by the sour, usually drinking grandpa who hasn’t quite figured out that peace is the way to go in 2007. I hate confrontation of any kind but I am kind of looking forward to laying down the law myself when it comes to this dude since the peeps at work last week just seemed to shake the hornets nest before handing it over to me.

Sometimes it takes a rough patch to make you realize how lucky/blessed you are. I spent last weekend with a terrific co-worker and her hilarious family. On St. Patrick’s Day we went to Down Cathedral in Downpatrick; St. Patrick is buried beside this church. Kind of fitting to visit the actual St. Patrick on St. Patrick’s Day. So there wasn’t a river of green beer floating by, but this year’s celebration seemed more fitting than spending March 17 crammed into a loud bar with people who’ve suddenly discovered their Irish roots.

Oh and it snowed yesterday. No joke!

Here’s a pic of St. Patty’s final resting spot.

2 Comments:

At 4:35 AM , Blogger Marissa Charles said...

Ole darling.
Glad you had a good St Paddy's day.
Love your messages. Blogs are great. It's like being Big Brother! I can check up on you!
Dearie I've sent you an e-mail. Check your account.
Love you lots,
Marissa

 
At 6:42 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

Wait, I'm getting the impression here that you might actually be of Irish descent.

IS THIS TRUE?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home